Being a content creator is the hottest career as the internet becomes mainstream.
Networking with other vloggers, YouTubers, and content creators from most platforms can provide opportunities to take you to the next level.
Read on to discover the ultimate list of Youtube conventions and events to attend to learn and meet new people!
YouTube Conventions & Events  Summary:
The biggest Youtube convention is VidCon, which launched in Los Angeles and has expanded to other countries.
VidCon plans to meet in Anaheim, California, in summer 2021, although there is no set date. Due to COVID-19, organizers canceled the 2020 convention, but online events still occur. If the event cancels for any reason, the show will go on via streaming.
There are three different tracks for VidCon attendees:
- Community: Includes access to creators, Q&As, and concerts. It is more fan-focused and does not go in-depth about content creation or the industry.
- Creator: Grants access to events geared towards content creation, such as workshops, panels, and networking to build knowledge and connections. Understand topics better, such as monetization, audiences, and managing intellectual property.
- Industry: Involves building expertise and networking. You can attend industry panel discussions where experts talk about video production, talent management, advertising, and more.
The format of VidCon contains five components, such as:
- Interviews and Q&As: Generally focused on fans and audience, although may present insightful information and gauge interest
- Workshops, Discussions, Panels: These events aim to teach and present valuable information for future content creators
- Keynote addresses: Excellent information from industry leaders, including speakers from YouTube. Neal Mohan is the Chief Product Officer at YouTube who presented more opportunities to increase profit, such as using Teespring for merchandise on the platform.
- The Expo Hall: Massive brands have booths ready to meet with content creators and possible connect for sponsorships
- Networking: Create opportunities and connections at events and parties
All international VidCon Youtube conventions follow a similar format.
In all, VidCon is a must for those who want a career in content creation, especially YouTube.
VidCon London plans to meet in London, England, for 2021, although the convention is more likely to be live-streamed.
VidCon Mexico will meet for the first time in 2021. A date and location are not confirmed for its first convention in Mexico.
Vidcon Abu Dhabi
VidCon Abu Dhabi meets in Abu Dhabi, UAE. The event may be live-streamed, as organizers canceled in 2020.
VidCon Sao Paulo
VidCon São Paulo is a new event that will take place in São Paulo, Brazil. Depending on COVID-19 restrictions, the event may be live-streamed. However, the event is set to take place in-person in São Paulo.
VidCon Australia is coming back to Melbourne, Australia. Organizers will confirm the dates during the summer.
VidCon Asia started in Singapore for the first time in December 2019. It is unclear if there will be future VidCon events, although VidCon Asia continues to do online summits.
Among the biggest Youtube conventions is VidSummit. Their event will kick off this summer in Los Angeles, California, from May 4th to 6th, 2021.
VidSummit brings in the most popular Youtubers and content creators online. VidSummit is an excellent way to network, as it is not a meet-and-greet with fans. It is a convention for creators to grow.
VidSummit prides itself on helping others become industry insiders. Influencers can share the truth about their work, what they do, how they do it, and hardships.
The convention outlines it is for three types of people:
- Video Creators and Influencers
- Marketers, Agencies, or Team Members Involved in Content Creation Process
- Brands and Business Owners
VidSummit is selling two types of passes:
- Virtual Pass: Sign up for the virtual event, streamable on any device
- In-person pass and replays: Reserve a ticket for both virtual and in-person
The featured speakers for the upcoming VidSummit will include:
- Todd Beaupre
- Derral Eves
- Jesse Riedel; and more
Overall, the experience and knowledge you will learn from VidSummit may be worth the ticket, especially hearing advice from the best Youtubers today, MrBeast, who has over 50 million subscribers.
3. Playlist Live
Playlist Live is a convention similar to VidCon, where vloggers, bloggers, YouTubers, and other creators can meet up and share their experiences.
The event will be in Orlando, Florida, from September 3rd to 5th, 2021.
There are ten different ticket options to select:
- Premium Pass: Combines all of the events and access in one ticket
- The Weekender: Community pass access and Playlist Live Kickoff Show
- Community Track: Access to meetups, featured creators, panels, musicians, performances, games, only Saturday and Sunday
- Parent: Access to accompany your child to any track; does not include Kickoff Show access or meetups
- nsight & Industry: Get the scoop on the ins and outs of the business with Industry and Insight track access, plus three days of Playlist Love programming
- Insight & Industry + Merch: Industry and insight track, Playlist Live programming, and a merch package
- The Weekender + Merch: Kickoff show and merch package
- Fun Pass: Community track without meetups, valid for Saturday and Sunday
- Parent + Merch: Parent pass with merch package
Playlist Live allows you to meet your favorite creators by registering your pre-reserve meetups.
4. Content Marketing World
The Content Marketing World Conference is one of the best conventions to network with hundreds of industry leaders. There will be a convention and expo in Cleveland, Ohio, from September 28th to October 1st, 2021. The event will take place in the Huntington Convention Center.
Hundreds of big-name brands such as Microsoft, Dell, Volvo, Nestle, Discover, and more attend Content Marketing World. For YouTubers and other content creators, this is an opportunity to obtain sponsorship to take your career to the next level.
There are four ticket options:
- Main Conference Plus
- Main Conference
- Virtual Pass
- Summit or Industry Forum Only
Prices vary depending on the purchase date. For instance, there are super early-bird, early-bird, regular rates, and onsite rates. The closer to the convention, the more expensive the ticket becomes.
The speakers are different from other conventions, as they are mostly CEOs, Head Strategists, Directors, Senior positions in the marketing world of well-known brands.
Attendees can expect to learn about the industry, improve on branding, and connect with sponsors.
5. Social Media Marketing World
The Social Media Marketing World convention is an excellent opportunity to connect with people of all levels, from beginner to established.
The speakers, both online and at in-person events, are marketing experts in Youtube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and many more platforms.
This event aims to give attendees the knowledge to set up successful campaigns and strategies from start to finish. YouTubers can benefit from the latest techniques, as Youtube Ads are a powerful tool to gain subscribers.
Marketers from some of the biggest brands worldwide attend, such as Best Buy, AT&T, Marriott, Microsoft, and Amazon.
PAX is a gaming event that has streamers from YouTube, Twitch, and other platforms. It was initially called Penny Arcade Expo and began in 2004. Since then, PAX has gotten popular and held annual events in Boston, San Antonio, Philadelphia, and Seattle.
Currently, PAX will have in-person events depending on the location. PAX online offers live streaming of meetings and events.
The atmosphere is similar to other Youtube conventions like ComicCon and VidCon, with cosplayers, streamers, hardcore gamers, and networkers all in one place.
The convention has lots of fun activities, including:
- Freeplay (console, handheld, PC, etc.)
- LAN Party also called “Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC)”
- The Omegathon featuring a festival-long tournament with prizes
- Exhibition Hall that includes merchandise and game studios
- Talks, signings, panel conversations
- eSports tournament in PAX Arena
PAX is an exciting opportunity to meet with Twitch and YouTube streamers, even if that is not your category.
PAX South meets in San Antonio, Texas, concentrating more on a tabletop indie showcase of video and computer games.
PAX East holds events in Boston, Massachusetts, showcasing the best indie games available on mobile platforms such as iOS, Android, and Nintendo Switch.
PAX West is in Seattle, Washington, focusing on the PAX 10 with a group of 50 industry experts who choose the ten best indie games based on fun-factor and gameplay.
PAX Aus is in Melbourne, Australia, highlighting new titles from independent developers and select winners.
7. NAB Show
NAB Show meets in Las Vegas, Nevada, bringing together media, entertainment, and content professionals. The convention is planning an in-person event in October 2021.
Innovative brands partnering with new startups or looking for new opportunities attend the NAB Show and become part of the exhibit floor.
Over 600 companies are in one place, ready to share their technology, ideas and seek potential partners. The exhibit is also an excellent opportunity to find a sponsor if you are a YouTuber.
Some of the biggest companies to attend the NAB show on the exhibit floor include:
- Adobe Systems
- Amazon Web Services
- Verizon Business and Media
- Sony Electronics
- Panasonic and many more
NAB Show also allows content creators to present their work globally, building your brand and amplifying your exposure. Over 31 nations represent different brands on the show floor, providing a distinct global presence not felt in other conventions.
If you want to start podcasting, NAB Show provides a virtual event called Radio Show, where industry trailblazers discuss their strategies.
8. Brightcove Play
Brightcove Play is a digital media industry convention in Boston, Massachusetts. Due to lack of in-person events, Play TV launched, streaming innovators and leaders presenting advice for upcoming personalities.
Virtual events are currently on schedule for 2021, revolving around different industries, such as streaming, marketing, healthcare, and eCommerce.
Keynote speakers at Brightcove Play events tend to be CEOs or influential celebrities, presenting YouTubers and other content creators an incredible opportunity to connect.
9. Influence This
Influence This is an organization that gathers media and marketing professionals annually in Toronto, Canada.
It is an excellent opportunity for new Youtubers to connect locally with marketing experts to boost their channel.
Influence This gives awards and prizes to the best content on various platforms, such as Wattpad and Youtube. The event also recognizes marketing content and awards the best based on creativity.
Influence This would have a creator’s meetup with Youtubers of different backgrounds and levels. However, the event is postponed until further notice.
Influence This has virtual events with marketing strategists and CEOs to help content creators with their brand.
10. Buffer Festival
Buffer Festival in Toronto, Canada, is an awards ceremony for Canadian content creators.
While it is not a convention like VidCon or VidSummit, it is an opportunity to meet other creators and showcase your work. The organizers allow anyone to submit videos of any genre.
The Buffer Foundation that holds the Buffer Festival is a not for profit that supports international and Canadian filmmakers through creating opportunities, celebration, and recognition.
11. Summer in the City
Summer in the City is a convention in London, England, that connects social media influences and content creators. It is the largest event in the UK for content creators, which meets in the summer.
Since its creation in 2009, attendees have connected with others to form lasting relationships and collaborations on YouTube and other platforms.
The event also has industry professionals and viewers who can meet with content creators. Fans of famous YouTubers may encounter their favorites through meet and greets.
Other activities at this event include:
- Live performances and stages
- Exhibition hall with a Gaming Stage, Lifestyle Zone, Fashion and Beauty Stage
- Screenings, Talks, Q&A
- Creator Village and Merchandise where attendees meet the most prominent creators in the business
If you’re in the UK or plan to visit, this convention is an excellent opportunity for YouTubers and other content creators.
There you have it! The ultimate list of YouTube conventions and events to attend not just in the United States but around the world.
Due to unforeseen circumstances, many of the events may have to be live-streamed as opposed to in-person.
However, YouTube conventions are still an excellent opportunity to network and connect with other vloggers, Youtubers, including Twitch and TikTok creators. If you want to learn more about starting a vlog check out our ultimate guide here.